MTG Box Mapper - Help
Did you know that you can know what rare/mythic you'll get before opening the booster pack? You can, and it's completely free!
MTG Box Mapper Beta
Go to https://box-mapper.rhcloud.com/ to start mapping your box
Thanks to all people contributed and given the right direction to the solution of box mapping, i have released a free on-line box mapper.
Its now open-source! Join the community and help development of a better tool!
Access to git repository to contribute in this project
The project is still in Beta stage so please inform me if there's something wrong with it.
- New*: Manual Order Miscalculation Bug Fixed!!!
- Automatic sleeve ordering (seamless)
- Giving you track info and card prices
Note: Sorry for the restarts. May happen 1 to 5 times a day until beta version is matured.
Follow us on twitter
Follow us on facebook
Box mapper is an open source community project. If you are a java developer, please consider to contribute this project.
How to use it
First of all; if you are new to this concept, please search youtube for "GTC box opening" and use it as an input the data for self training before using the application for your own box.
1 to 8 boosters are enough for mapping if you know what you are doing.
The best methodology is:
• First; put the cards on the table exactly as you pulled out of the box. Be careful and make sure you are not misplacing anything.
L1 M1 R1
L2 M2 R2
L12 M12 R12
Go to box-mapper web site and enter the booster picture numbers. You can use the guide on the web site or you can use the last digit of the booster barcode. The barcodes should be like:
Boros Guildmage: 15049807000001
Vizkopa Guildmage: 15049807000002
Prime Speaker Zegana: 15049807000003
Skarrg Guildmage: 15049807000004
Duskmantle Guildmage: 15049807000005
Important: Make sure you have entered booster picture numbering correct and exactly as you have taken it out of the box. This will calculate the factory scrambling / reordering if there is any.
• If everything is right, press "Go!" button.
• Randomly open the first pack, and enter the exact name of the rare to the place you have found it. Make sure the rest of the boosters are in correct order. Then press "Map it!" button.
It will give you possible track patterns like [AB] [ABC] [D]. If there is more than 1 letter in the brackets, that means there are that much possibilities.
[ACD] --> that booster may be in track A, B or C.
• Try opening one of the multi - lettered one to ease process of locking to the pattern. Select and open that booster too (2nd booster). Again, enter the exact name of the rare to the place you have found it. Make sure the rest of the boosters are in correct order. Then press "Map it!" button.
• This should lock you to the pattern and there should be no more multi letters. If there are any, open one of them. If there are not and everything is going as you have planned, there should be some possibilities listed on the screen.
• After this, you need to try opening the best possibilities. Aim to open the best chance and aim for 2 boosters for each track (2 x A's, 2 x B's, 2 x C's and 2 x D's). If everything is going well you already should have some good rares. After opening each booster pack, enter the exact name of the rare to the place you have found it. Make sure the rest of the boosters are in correct order. Then press "Map it!" button.
• Until the 8th booster, everything depends on luck and correctly selecting the best possibilities. After 8th, if you have done everything right as i explained, the rest of the box should be correctly mapped.